Sunday, February 14, 2010

Why doesn't ANYONE LOVE ME?!!

I am surprised at the lack of anti-Valentines enthusiasm this year.

Last year it was nothing but bitching and crying over Valentines Day, the loneliest day of the year (asides from Christmas).
This year, I almost forgot--partly because Chinese New Year fell on V-day, and partly because I've just been way to busy with school. Then one day I walked into Wal-mart to buy some discount spanks and realized that the entire seasonal section (located right beside the front door) was floor-to-ceiling pink, red and gold: there were those god damn marshmallow hearts (which I love), boxes of "Pot of Gold" (cheap chocolate for the cheap heterosexual male for their whatever girlfriends) and plush animals that should have been murdered by Creepy Clown Dude from Rhubarb!

And so, as V-Day ends, I have decided to compile a list of my favorite songs with the word "love" in the title. Interesting tidbit: I typed "love" into my iTunes search and found that I only have 290 "love" songs out of 4960 (6 percent). Hmm.

And so, here goes!

The Cardigan's "Lovefool"



Jennifer Hudson's "All Dressed Up in Love"



Pat Benatar's "Love is a Battlefield"



The Rubette's "Sugar Baby Love" (conveniently, it is also the song used for a Safe Sex ad)



Donna Lewis' "I Love You Always Forever" (Which I believe I first heard on 90210)



XTC's "I'm The Man Who Murdered Love"



And finally....

Whitney Houston's "My Love is Your Love"



Happy Valentine's Day, Fuckers!

1 comment:

RGH said...

god that whitney song is killer....wish she could get back to that place!