Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Don't Shit & Speak To Me



Yesterday, I had to use a public restroom.  This is something that I do my best to avoid.  I would much rather be uncomfortable than have to use one.  It could be that I work in a public location and therefore, a lot of people frequent them and they aren't cleaned enough.  There's nothing grosser than going to expel waste from your body and doing so within a nasty environment.  Or so I thought...

I was using the urinal (it has to be a dire situation to use a stall) and a guy comes in talking on his phone. I figure that he'll at least hang up or hopefully put the person on mute.  Nope, he continues to talk all throughout.  Even while I hear him making fart sounds, etc. and couldn't help but be grossed out.

Bathroom routines always are a wonder for me.  Recently, I was at a busy event and at the break, everybody rushed to the washrooms.  I avoided the one closest to the door and found male/female washrooms close by.  I walked back to the room and the female washroom had a line 10 people deep outside of it.  I mentioned that there were washrooms down the hall and nobody was using them.  Nobody moved.  Not a single person.  They'd prefer to wait in line than just walk down a hallway?

Finally, why do so few people still wash their hands?  Hand washing routines are consistently advertised and it's how we avoid being sick and spreading germs and all that jive.  Anybody get the urge to track down their friends/family to 'out' them for being nasty non hand washers?

Got any bathroom pet peeves of your own?

2 comments:

jno said...

I cannot stand when someone picks the stall next to you when there is a perfectly good stall elsewhere.

Even better, they should come back in 5 mins when I'm out of there.

archnemeziz said...

Oh gawd I hate public washrooms...I always try to avoid them too (especially the TTC ones...gross!! I would rather pee on my pants than use them hahaha!) Neweiz...uhmm...pet peeve...people not flushing after using it :S Like, have some courtesy to the next person using it. Do they really want me to see their waste (well, I guess it's anonymous)?