Saturday, April 17, 2010

I feel cute again.

DISCLAIMER:  
For a blog called, Let's Be Vain, this is by far the most personally vain-est post that I've done.




I feel cute again.  Surely not as cute as this kitten above, but still damn cute.  I can't recall the last time that I've looked in the mirror and actually took a second to be like, 'Hrem...not so bad, Mr. Stewart.'  Usually, it's a quick glance to moisturize away the dry skin on my face and then an even quicker glance at the hair that is often a disaster.  I couldn't tell you what I wore yesterday, or the day before, or even today to work.  My appearance and I parted ways a few months ago.

With the stress of work, school and art projects - something had to go.  My satisfaction with my looks was it.  I pair that with my lack of working out over a few months period, way too much stress from future life decisions, and illnesses coupled with irregular sleeping.

After a full 7.5 hours sleep last night (that's big in my world these days), a pretty good work day, and a work out - I feel cute again.  Why?  Vanity wise, I have a tan again - I think I look better w/ a tan.  I've been on my yoga challenge for almost 20 days (this equals a toned bod and peace of mind).  Emotionally wise, I've spent a lot of my week trying to do some good for others and that puts me in a great place too.

How about you?  Has the early summer brought you out of a funk?  Do you feel cute often or what influences it?

1 comment:

Kirk said...

I am glad you're feeling cute again! The Spring has definitely halted the Winter grey that was cloudy my days; I'm ready to feel sunny.