Thursday, April 8, 2010

Okay.



Kaila W. Montanna is pissed.

[SPOILER ALERT for fans of "BONES" and "UGLY BETTY"






And I am pissed because Booth and Bones did NOT get together (and for those of you not in the know, Booth and Bones is not the name of a naughty gay couple who might be into some light kink). Instead they are the main couple on FOX's "Bones," an hour-long crime drama based on forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs. In the 100th episode, we figured, eventually, that the two would get together. After five years of teasing, of this growing romance that dared not speak its name--I mean, the fall out of the lack of kissing and love hurt more than when Jack Twist died and Ennis sniffed the old shirt.

I am left with an empty gut that needs to be filled with ice cream, ruffles chips dipped in mayo and possible a box of mac'n'cheese.

Another disappointment (in a good way) is Ugly Betty. Unfortunately, Betty is going bye bye. Bye Bye Betty because sadly, you have had some severely low ratings. I mean, the move to Friday night wasn't the smartest idea on ABC's part, but after moving you back to Wednesday night's you've lost half of your audience. Ergo, Betty is over. With one more episode left, the series will bow out on April 14th, the day after Glee.

I love a lot about this show. It's the one show on the air that sort of--no, cross that--not sort of makes me, but fully makes me feel good about myself. Time and time again they surprise me with laughs, love and happy-fuzzy feelings.

Most recently I am in love with the coming out storyline for the youngest of the Suarez clan, Justin. The writers have placed a large amount of care in the direction of this character, and I will be so sad to see him gone. Forever. They offer up a different reality, a different option on how coming out could be for gay teens...on how it should be.

No more happy dramas. Bye bye Betty.

As for Bones...this just means no sex scenes with David Boreanaz in the near future.

Sigh.

Glee in a week. True Blood in June. It can't be that bad.

No comments: