Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009: Most played songs on my ipod


It's the end of the year and there's a ton of top 10 lists going around on the internet.  I had the idea of checking in with my ipod's most played list of songs that I added in '09.  This means that the song could have been released at another time, but I didn't discover it until this year.  I tend to get obsessed with a new album and put them on repeat.  For this reason, I'll only take the top song from an album and move onto another.

Here's the top 5:

1) Don't Let Me Stop You by Kelly Clarkson - This is def. one of the better power rock pop songs off of Kelly's All I Ever Wanted album.  For someone's who been through way too many partners for one year and held onto a few past expiry, this was a good song for me. 

2) Touches You by Mika - Not added until September and yet it's #2 on my list.  Why?  Cuz it's soooo freakin' awesome.  Yes, it totally riffs on George Michaels, but who cares.  It's music.  In concert this last October, it was my favourite song and had the entire crowd dancing.

3) 4ever by Prince - So many people destroyed Prince's 3 album release (well 2 from him, one from his protege).  But like every other album released by an artist, there's a few great tracks on each album.  4ever is a story about waiting on a love, well forever. :)

All I Want To Do by Sugarland - This is a country song.  Which started my semi-renewed in country again.  It's an upbeat positive song about being in love sung with an awesome southern twang.

I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas - Unlike the rest of the list, I seriously can't stand this song now.  There was a time though, when it pulled me out of the blues and gave me faith that today would be a better day. 

There you have it, my ipod's top 5 played songs of 2009.  Judging by this, I was craving some good times and love this year.  What was your top played song of 2009?

No comments: