Thursday, January 21, 2010

Let's Play!


My day has consisted around play and conversations of play, so I figured that I'd bring you all into the loop.

I spent literally 4 hours playing with my nephew today.  Usually, he'd rather chill w/ Poppa and give me maybe 10 min. of his time, but today was the exception.  It was soooo much fun.

We started off playing cars, which is always a good time.  I like to smash cars together and it makes him laugh.  This lead to air travel with helicopters and airplanes.  These two things also crash quite well.  As you can tell, I'm a bit destructive.

From here, we chilled out by watching an episode of Thomas & Friends.  For the uninitiated, Thomas is a train and has many train friends.  My nephew is obsessed with Emily, a girl train.  He says that she is beau-ti-ful.  Slightly creepy to be into a machine, but hey, some people love their vibrators.

This led into chilling on my itouch, where he proceeded to try out all of the games and got upset about the game where you had to hit ducks that would pop out of the ground.  I had downloaded it just for him, thinking that he would dig it.  His favourite was AirTycoon and flipping through all the icons. An episode of Little Bear, more cars, having some food, climbing up the stairs to get his suss, and more itouch and it was time for me to go.

This evening, I conversed with my boo and we randomly started talking about our childhoods.  Where I revealed that much of it was spent role playing (house, being power rangers & other tv action stars, and pretending to be a professional athlete), singing along to records (anything from 50s/60s and soundtracks to grease, the best little whorehouse in texas), and playing with the sibs and neighbours.

His was spent building forts, hosting dance parties, and something too embarassing for me to share without his permission. :)

I have a job that allows me the opportunity to play on a daily basis.  I pursue fitness (sports, yoga, cardio, etc), which provide a fun release to the regular routine.  Finally, I involve myself in the arts, which is just another form of play to me.

Many kind folks have stated that for 27, I look much younger and that I haven't aged since my teens.  I attribute it to having fun.

What do you do for play?

No comments: