Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sick = sucks!



I loathe being sick, for me it's one of the worst feelings.  Mostly, because the only illness that I tend to get are head/sinus colds.  The rest of your body feels just fine, but it's your head that gets the brunt of it.  You can't think, everything irritates you, and it's simply no fun at all. 

As well, I like to believe that I'm a super healthy person.  I rarely eat crap, I work out, I take vitamins, etc.  When I get sick, it's like 'what the fuck?? Why am I sick and yet, the one scarfing down McD's looks to be just fine!.'

Every time that I get sick, I try to figure out how it happened.  There's the easy cause that I work with the general public, so I'm exposed to a lot more.  I've got a boyfriend these days, so now I've got new germs to enjoy.  This last week, I was performing at an event and came into contact with many new people, which leads to hand shaking with who knows what.  Finally, I've joined a new sports league, so I'm sweating with other people too.

But I think the true blame goes to STRESS!!!  Stress is my #1 cause of getting sick.  It's one of those weeks/months where I can't find the time to get anything done.  Either by procrastinating or simply having too much going on and not sure how to tackle the tasks. 

This week grad applications are due, which are no fun whatsoever.  Not only do you have to inform them of where your professional interests are heading, but you have to get transcripts, 4 references, update your resume, apply online and pay the fees.  Oh and of course, pay an astronomical price to have it Fed Ex'd to ensure that it actually arrives. 

Have you ever taken any time to think of what causes you to be sick?

1 comment:

Philip Cairns said...

I'm sick, too. I went to a play, last Friday night. Ran into a director/musician I had worked with. He was coming down with something. Tried to stay not too close to him but I could smell his breath, even 2 feet away. About 3 days later, I got sick.

He went to the show because he wanted to support one of the actors. I wish he would have stayed the fuck home.