Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do like Jesus, Lent it up, yo!


According to here, Lent is around the corner or today or yesterday...I'm still confused as to its date. Either way, Lent is when you give something up for 40 days. Jesus did it, so the idea is that you can too.

Last year, stupid kids gave up facebook for 40 days. How is that a challenge? Can't one just have the updates e-mailed to them and then technically, they aren't facebooking?? Yah, yah...see I totally caught them.

I think I had a friend give up junk food once. Which isn't hard for those of who crave carrots and dip. Another tried masturbation or maybe that wasn't a friend, but that awful Josh Hartnett movie.

I like personal challenges, but I'm not in it for lent. I don't get the idea of giving up shit, why not do 40 days of trying to improve yourself. A habit is created in like 21 days, so habit away!!!

Now here's what I've given up before...

Sex for 4 months after heart break.
Booze for a year after bad boozing incidents .
Myself for like 1st 2 years of high school. ;) Fuck, I hated high school.

Any plans for lent? Have you ever given something up before? What upcoming changes do you have?

1 comment:

RGH said...

I'd like to try to give up gossiping, but I know it's not gonna happen.