Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Confession: I'm an ageist!


It's Friday, so let's continue with my line of confessing my 'sins.' This week, I'm coming out with it. I'm one huge muthafucking ageist!!!

Don't tell my grandma, but seriously, if we rid ourselves of all the old people sapping up the health care dollars and not being productive. Well, we could possibly avoid this recession. :)

Just think - we invite them all to punch & pie in the middle of a field and then just unleash the uzis. Problem solved. But enough about old people, let's talk about relationships.

This story really irritates me about Paul Walker. Please join me in a collective, 'EWWWW!' If you were too lazy to read the link, here's the dealio. Paul Walker of Fast and the Furious and naked bum in Varsity Blues fame is now engaged to his 19 year old girlfriend. They've been dating for 3 years. She was 16, he was 32. That is gross in my books!

I won't even go for the easy conservative question of 'where the fuck are the parents in this whole thing?' Cuz I know exactly where! They are collecting their 'don't you say shit about me' money that Paul has passed onto them.

Here's my rules when it comes to dating. Date max. 4 years older or maybe max. 2 years younger. That's always been the rule. When I was 19, I dated 23. When I was 22, I dated 25. When I was 23, I dated a month younger. This is what works for me and should therefore work for society. :P

You can go on and on and on about how people just connect, but while this girl is going through puberty this guy had gone from semi celebrity to now only being reported on, cuz he's a serious creep-o. Can you imagine losing your virginity to some 30 year old? Bringing him to the prom and people asking who the chaperone is? It's just wrong-ness all around!

Now is your turn to either support my ageism or let me know, why you support such stupidity. :)

3 comments:

Philip Cairns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philip Cairns said...

In France, for decades, it was common for the husband to be at least 20 years older than the wife. This was thought to be the ideal ages for a marriage. And many a marriage worked out, this way.

Re: aging. Who decides who is productive? Say you were in an assisted facility and you were still writing, Jay, but the government decided to "off" you, yet you wanted to continue to live and write. How would you feel? Perhaps they wouldn't value your writing because it wasn't making money.

I am an aging male but I am interested in younger men. Decades younger. I don't consider myself a troll. Do you?

I am shocked by this entry of yours. You will probably age, yourself.

Anonymous said...

how limiting of you to ascribe personality traits to people based on age. I can show you some incredibly immature and some remarkably together 18 year olds :)

~rgh