Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Frosted Flakes = Good. Social Flakes = Bad!

"Your people call my people"
"We'll do lunch"
"Let's be friends and truly mean it"

These are catch phrases that we all know are ones that are wrapped in falsehood.
You don't assume when your friend tells you...

"No no. I will follow through on my word. Trust me."

...that it too will also be a lie.
But I guess everyone has friends like that...the social flakers. Is there a limit that one can take before you take off the "nice guy" gloves and say I'm done?
I say YES...yes there is.
Mine was hit the other week and with no apologies the flaker wants to pretend nothing's happened. Why not just tell me the truth and say "I can't follow through on anything I say" to which I'd be like "sweet. Let's do lunch sometime then."
Am I being too cold by not socializing with the flaker and waiting for an apology?
Comments? Concerns? I'm all ears.

2 comments:

RGH said...

the ONLY way of dealing with these flaky people is not engaging them in your life.


cut them loose! you'll feel better, I promise :P

letsbevain said...

You determine how people treat you and it's as simple as that. If you allow douches into your life, then you gotta expect douches to act like douches.

Or you could try addressing it w/ them, cuz well, people can't change what they don't know is annoying ppl.