Monday, May 11, 2009

I get around!

Yesterday was one of my worst driving days in Toronto ever!!! A trip from the Beaches up to Eglinton West back to my hood at DVP/Wynford took 2 hours. It should not! The culprit...construction and driver stupidity. Summer time in the city means construction to fix all the destruction from the winter on the roads. When will we create a surface that isn't destroyed by our winters?

At night, it took me about 2 hours to get from my place to Eglinton Station to Mississauga! It should not! The culprit...Tamil protest that really screwed up the whole city. I'm all for protesting, but I'm not for causing delays to other people's lives.

The question: HOW DO YOU GET AROUND??

For myself, I used to be a loud and proud transit whore. If I could get to it by transit, then I did. I would travel over 90 minutes to and from work 4 times a week. It was great! No, seriously! I like transit. I enjoy being able to just sit there, read my book, listen to music, write, or just sleep. Now that I drive (work related reasons), I miss out on all that time.

Question of the week: How do you get around?

No comments: