Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Place is painted!

Returning home from 3 days at the cottage is pretty fun. Now returning home to a newly painted apartment is pretty fucking sweet!

There's nothing I hate more than manual labour. I'll do it if I have to, but it's just not my thing at all.

Painting requires both manual labour and creativity. I can be mildly creative, but never when it involves paints, pencil crayons or crayons (thick or thin).

Thanks go out to my sis and fiance for spending a bit over a day and turning white walls into grey/blue combinations. My sis being the control freak that she is, even laid out some stuff that I've had hidden in the closet for the last 5 months.

Tomorrow marks the 5th month that I've lived here and now I'm starting to see myself settling a bit. I'm moving in 13 more months and I move a lot. So it's odd to have a place of mine painted. Now I'm contemplating picking up some black & white prints, maybe creating my own art, the whole shh-bang. ;) But we'll see what comes of it all. I still have carpeting sitting in my balcony that I pulled up 5 months ago. I taped up 4 rolls tonite and have promised myself that I'll take one roll down to the garbage tomorrow.

Spring has sprung, what are you doing to brighten your day or feel semi accomplished?

No comments: