Friday, May 1, 2009

Please out me. I really appreciate it.

So has anyone else ever been outed by someone? Not intending to hurt you, but they just figured out that it was okay, because you yourself was out?

I see the queer community as a culture. And like all cultures, we have rules. And for me, one of them is "thou shalt not out another." It really bugs me when people out me, especially in public.

So one day I'm at work, and I work with three other gay men who are pretty much my superiors. Now, this is in the suburbs, and my bosses are always in suits and stuff so you don't really have room to show your colours, so a lot of people assume that they are all strait. So these two guys I work with, one of whom knows of my cock sucking abilities (let's call him Jon), had mentioned to the other (let's call him Tim) that one of our managers was gay. Tim was all like "NO EFFING WAY" and Jon's all like "YES EFFING WAY, don't believe me? Ask Kai!"

I'm standing a few feet away and Jon goes "Hey Kai! You're gay, tell Tim about our boss, he doesn't believe me!"

Tim was more than floored when he found out that I was gay as well. Suddenly, everyone he worked with was gay. He was in a building, filled with gays.

We work in a Theatre.

No comments: