Monday, April 27, 2009

Out of the Closet! - Dream Girl!

Like any good writer, I keep a bag of all my old notebooks, ideas written on scrap paper and articles of inspiration that holds over 10 years of me in it. I haven't been through this bag in forever and only did this morning, cuz I'm missing 2 sheets of paper holding my latest 'masterpieces' on them. :(

It was while going through this bag that I realized that it's only in the last 2-3 years that a lot of my pieces have had a chance to see the light of day. My 2nd realization is that I wrote a lot of crap 10 years ago.

I present piece #1 from Letsbevain's new 'Out of the Closet' series, where shitty pieces that have long been hidden away will finally be revealed. :)

"Dream Girl" - March 22/98 - unedited
Verse #1
Lying in my bed
I'm thinking about her
The way she looks
The way that she smiles
And I'm wishing, I'm dreaming
That she will be mine.

Chorus:
Dreaming about my dream girl again
Wondering if she's even real
Thinking about all the great times
We could have
If I knew where she was...
Dreaming about my dream girl

Verse 2:
I've spent many nights, just lying here
Thinking about you
I picture you and me
Hand in hand
Laughing uncontrollably

Chorus

Verse 3:
If I knew where, I would go there
Doesn't matter how long it would take
I would go anywhere for you
I would do anything for you
Tell me when, I'll be there

Chorus

Verse 4:
Falling asleep again
Hoping to dream about you
Cause in my dreams
We are always together
Always happy, nothing can go wrong,
Nothing can go wrong!



-Now it's your turn to post your awful works of art. :)

No comments: