Friday, April 17, 2009

Double Confession For This Week!

For awhile there, I was laying my 'heart out' with a weekly confession. It's been awhile, but one simple video gives you a double confession. Scroll to 4:36 to get the song.



If I'm home and I remember that it's on, I'll watch 'Oprah.' Usually I find her quite irritating, but there's times when I'll find it interesting, possibly informative and occasionally funny. My friend Kristina and I used to watch her together 7 years ago and our commentary was hilarious!

Confession #1: I watch Oprah!

Whatever day this was, Oprah was celebrating country stars. Which I always find kinda funny how much she loves country. I've seen Shania on there, Reba, Dolly you know, everybody. ;)

Confession #2: I kinda like country music.

My Mom loves loves loves country music. No jokes. Growing up, I listened to records from the 50s and 60s (not all country, rock n roll too) and then gas station cassettes with 50s and 60s music on them (anyone remember when you got free shit from the gas station?). Plus, she was huge fans of Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. I've listened to Trisha Yearwood, Garth Brooks, Colin (can't remember his last name), and it goes on and on. Many a car trips to the cottage and/or farm were spent singing along to Shania Twain.

Anyways, so I secretly watched Oprah plus Country's Biggest Stars this week. I don't get the appeal of Kenny Chesney. Carrie Underwood kinda emotes terribly, but I was really IMPRESSED by Sugarland. I vaguely recall singing their Something More song a few years back, but hadn't heard their 'All I Wanna Do' song. It's AMAZING! In a way that just makes me happy. I love country due to its simplicity, its story telling, and I love the sound of guitar.

Sugarland is super cute playing live too, they seemed to really enjoy what their doing, which is soooo key to life.

My favourite line from the song is:

"I got my whole life to change the world and climb the ladder. Looking at you, looking at me is the only thing that matters. Come a little closer baby, we can talk without the words."

What's your confession of the week?

No comments: