Thursday, April 2, 2009

I love the song, I hate the video



I have heard this song literally every single time that I've turned on the radio in the last few days and I really freaking like it.

How could I not? It's called 'Love Sex and Magic.' Plus the beat is pretty damn catchy and the lyrics, well, it's a pop song. ;)

But now I freakin' hate the video for 2 reasons: Justin and Slutty-ness.

1) Why is Justin in this video? He sings in some small part, so just show him then. Do I need to see him throughout and like lickin Ciara and doing his usual douche face. This is almost as bad as Rihanna's Rehab video, where he takes a shower with a shirt on.

2) Slutty-ness is cool, but this video takes it over the top. The song is called Love, Sex and Magic. Not Sex, slutty, and whore. There's no love in the video and there's certainly no cool magic. I read something that she said that she studied burlesque dancers for the video...I'd like to give burlesque dancers more credit.

What'd you think?

2 comments:

RGH said...

I TOTALLY forgot Ciara was still around

letsbevain said...

Well she's back with a top 10 song too. Which is good for her, cuz I think her last 2 albums flopped. Or at least her last one and maybe her suppose to be last one was delayed due to no air play.

If there's hope for Ciara, maybe there's hope that Missy will finally release an album again. They can do their 1, 2, *wait for it*, 3 step. ;)