Sunday, April 19, 2009

I want to be old!!!

I've been visiting my grandma the last 2 days as she's temporary moved into a mature residence (haha...old folks home) for 3 weeks. It's part of her recovery from hip surgery that she had about 4 or 5 weeks ago. It's super fancy!

There's a gardening room, an exercise room, a study, a huge movie viewing room, internet area, salon, crafts room, snooker room, it just goes on and on.

Best of all, the dining room is super kick ass! I stayed for dinner tonight and it was crazy. You get bread, salad, the entree was cornish hens with baked potato, wild rice, peas, and cranberries. Plus, your choice of dessert - I had cheesecake.

It's nothing like a high school cafeteria, people just randomly come up to you to ask you about your life history, etc too.

To fill the agonizing boredom of being old and no longer having a purpose, there's activities each day. Today, grandma could have done yoga, watched a documentary, and attended a church service. Or you can invite your grandson (that's me) to entertain you for hours and win 2/3 times at pinochle (greatest game ever!!).

So yah, I used to dread getting old and now I can't wait!!!

No comments: