Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Are you one of them?

Are you one of those people who, should you walk past anything that even harbors a remote glimmer of a reflection, turns to it to check yourself out? And thinks nobody even notices it?

Because I do. I am one of those people who notice you checking yourself out, you sick, twisted, vain piece of shit.

Also, because I am one of those people.

It's quite funny. I mean, I never really realized that I was doing it until I caught someone else doing it. We were walking down Robson St. and for an entire 6 blocks, this guy checked himself out in every reflection he could find. I mean, he wasn't horrible looking. Quite cute, nice set of calves and a nice back. And it was when I turned to check myself out as well that I realized, holy shit! I'm just like him.

I mean, I don't stare at my reflection and just fall in love with myself. I'm not that confident. I just like to make sure that my hair looks decent, that my face is covered up and that my outfit looks good. So, pretty much, I just want to make sure that every lie is in place because when you're a gay man, you can't afford to be honest. That comes later, after you've discovered whether or the man you just fucked has a trust big enough to stick around for.

No comments: