Sunday, August 23, 2009

Songs for the Moment

After 8 hours of final video creating for Hard & Able: celebrating queer disability tomorrow, here's a quick post of some songs that I'm enjoying at the moment.

Manos Al Aire by Nelly Furtado


Videos tu.tv


I kinda love this song. It's fun to see Nelly devote a whole album to not singing in english. She usually does a portion of her songs in spanish and portuguese and now we get a whole album worth. What I really like about this video is how it's subtitled. While I would probably like the song without knowing what she's saying, it certainly helps. Plus I spent the last week closed captioning videos, so I have a new appreciation for it. ;)


Run This Town - by Jay-Z featuring Kanye and Rihanna



Okay, so I haven't really liked much from Jay-Z for awhile and Kanye's needs to step out of the lime light for a bit to make me appreciate him. But Rihanna saves this track and well I can't keep the opening bit outta my head. "Who's gonna run this town tonight?" It's quite the power house of artists on this one track and it makes me really want another Rihanna album. I like the variety of her last album. Plus, I'm intrigued to discover what her new album is gonna have on it content wise. Will she address the Chris Brown beat down?

Use Somebody by Kings Of Leon


Kings of Leon - Use Somebody (Official Music Video) - The funniest videos clips are here

When did this album come out?? Was it even 2007?? I feel like I've heard this song such a long time ago. It came on the radio today and I just checked the Billboard charts and it's in the top 10. I guess mainstream audiences outside of the rock charts have finally found it. It's a great song to sing on a road trip. Which is what I did way back in April...and now it's August.

There are some songs that I'm feeling now, how about u? Did I miss the song of the summer? It seems like we haven't had one this year.

No comments: