Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How'd I forgot about Ernest???

Okay, Okay, Okay...I can't believe that I completely forgot about Ernest? Come on, you remember Earnest! You must've watched his movies at least a hundred times growing up. Ernest Goes to Camp, Ernest Saves Christmas, Ernest Got to Jail. All classics in my book and yet, I have no clue where all of his movies went to.

I'm thinking they were all taped from TV to VHS. Do you remember those days? CityTV's night at the movies!!! You'd watch the movie, press pause when the commercials came on and then start recording again. Recording off the TV was a freakin' art form. You'd want to get it perfectly, so that nobody could tell that you taped it off the tv. Plus you had to remember to press pause again or otherwise, you'd miss a scene and that'd make your Pa not so pleased w/ your taping skills.

How'd I remember Ernest? Thanks to this article that talks about actors and typecasting.

Now I want to watch all the old Ernest movies (preferably from a VHS feed). Oh and Big Top Pee Wee. All the great films from the late 80's early 90's will come alive again at my place.

Who's in?

1 comment:

jno said...

i'm so in for big top pee wee.