Thursday, July 16, 2009

It took six, but Nurse Jackie is in!

I just finished watching episode six of 'Nurse Jackie' and I'm damn glad that I stuck with it. It started off really out there with one dimensional characters, but it's finally got it right.

5 reasons to love 'Nurse Jackie'

1) Edie Falco - I watched only a bit of 'The Sopranos', it wasn't for me. A lot of ppl have complained that they can't see her as someone else. Well, I can't see her as anybody besides 'Nurse Jackie.' She started off awful, not likeable, just not into her. Now I like her, need her, want her. :)

2) Supporting cast is superb. Thor is awesome! Seriously, we get short snippets of him, but the actor commits so well. Student Zoe is hilarious. She's exactly what we don't see enough of on tv. Gay nurse friend is kinda stereotypical, but almost in a 'I know I'm stereotypical kinda way'. Hot shot doc is now getting layers. British doctor is SOOO hilarious! (Minus the husband, no chemistry there..get rid of him..or is that the point??)

3) It's 30 min. I don't know about u, but I don't need an hour any more. I just don't have the patience. I love these short quickie shows. You're in, you're out and it's over. They've started to add more sub stories, which is great too.

4) They got Swoosie Kurtz!!! Okay, I fucking love Swoosie Kurtz. Seriously, she's amazing! I used to watch 'Sisters' (yes, I just admitted it). She's only a guest star, but I really hope to see her again, she elevates everybody.

5) It's like real life. There's up, there's downs, it's life. I don't like shows that try to be dramatic or try to be comedic...just be real. This episode finally made the show real!

If you disagree with me, well fuck you!!!

No comments: