Thursday, July 30, 2009

I want The Flip!

Call it a brownie induced decision or just plain trying to raise one's self happiness through a purchase, but I really really really want The Flip Mino HD. :)

The Flip has been a product on my radar for the longest freaking time, but it's never been available in Canada until recently. I even once bought one from the US through ebay, but it didn't get through the border and I just gave up hope.

I finally discover today that they've got their own Canadian site at ca.theflip.com. Odd that it's more expensive on their site than Future Shop or Best Buy, but I guess that's how they roll.

I was gonna just do Future Shop, when I saw that they have a 'do good' section. In particular a 'do good' section for Kiva.

Kiva is one of my favourite organizations out there (until I'm proven otherwise) that's involved with micro lending. Instead of just donating your $, you invest in other ppl. Sure, there's the chance of not making your money back, but I can say that I've been with it for 18 months and never lost a penny. I've invested probably $100 in the site and been able to re-use that four times over. I'm on my 17th loan (of $25) and have utilized returned money to give gift certificates to others too.

So yah, The Flip will charge me 279.99, while it's 264.99 at Future Shop. But if I choose this awesome green coloured Kiva inspired The Flip, they will donate $10 to Kiva. Which is awesome. Plus, I get to advertise Kiva whenever I bust out The Flip.

I'm gonna wait until the morning, but I think this product looks amazing.

What are your thoughts? Have you used one before? Do you think one could make fun mini movies with it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not just buy it at FS and then donate the $16 difference (after tax) to Kiva yourself?

letsbevain said...

Cuz then I don't get the cool Kiva designed flip...