Saturday, November 7, 2009

I am a tv junkie!!!


I am a tv junkie.  I thought that I had kicked my previous 8 hour a day habit, but it's coming back with a vengeance.

This last week, I took a break from socializing and msn to focus on studies and of course, had to fill my reward breaks (yes, I reward myself) with something.  I turned to television and my old obsession is hooking me again.

Here's a rundown of all the shows that I'm watching and have on hold to watch.

New shows:
The Middle - never watched Patricia Heaton in that Raymond show, but I really enjoy this show.  It's like Malcolm in the Middle, but with an adult at the centre of things.

Modern Family - by far one of the funniest shows to be on the air in forever.  3 diff. families, each one hilarious.  There's a stereotypical gay family, but they've got a korean adopted baby...so hilarious.

Cougar Family - it has that Scrubs humour - which means that it's fast paced and witty.  Everyone is starting to become a bit over the top, but it's still a fun half hour.

Glee - The songs and Jane Lynch definitely make up for sometimes lame pacing and a really stupid wife pregnancy story.  

Old shows:
30 Rock - The season premiere and gay halloween were great.  This is another show that it's about the quick wit.

Parks & Recreation - This one has improved immensely.  Plus, I've spent a lot of time in Recreation, so I can laugh when they hate the library, cuz we do. :)

Big Bang Theory - consistently one of the funniest shows out there.  I laugh out loud so much and it's pretty much the same thing each and every week.

Curb Your Enthusiasm - I kinda skipped this the last 2 seasons after watching the first few seasons.  This season, it's found itself again.  Having the Seinfeld folks back has given it a nice resurgence.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - I love the stupidity of this show.  Charlie is always such a dumb ass.  Mac is always such a hottie.  I don't even like to drink, but I love the crazy that comes with this show.  Bird law...enough said.

Catching up on:
Weeds - I'm watching this with a bud and we're halfway through the last season.  It's hard to see where they can go with it.  We started off years ago with Nancy selling weed to a few customers.  Now she's with a Mexican mafia guy/Mayor.  It's still consistently funny.  Plus Silas is hot.  We need to bring back last year's Silas nudity. :)

Brothers & Sisters - I watched the first season in about a week back in March.  I just caught the first 3 episodes of the second season tonight.  It is such a great show.  Especially if you have an over involved Mom and siblings.  I can relate to so much in the show.

House - I will always love this show.  House and I are pretty damn similar.  Both suffer daily in pain and like to be grouchy.  Sadly, he's the only one with the drug habit.  I've been watching this one over the last 2 months.  It's kinda the same old, same old.  I miss the early days of Chase, Cameron and Foreman.  I know they thought changing it up would be good, but I just don't like the new recruits at all.

Damages - This is by far the greatest thriller on television.  It is beyond the creepiest, most intense show.  Glenn Close is genius.  The writing is amazing.  The first season was so good.  This season was better at the start than at the end, but is still great.  I could never imagine watching it live.  Having to wait each week for a new episode would be soooo irritating.  I think I went through the whole 13 episodes in about 3 days.

Awaiting me:
The Riches - season 1 and season 2.  I made it through about the first 7 episodes of season 1.  Minnie Driver was simply amazing.

Big Love - I've had the second season downloaded forever.  But it's hard to find time for a full hour long show.

Dexter - I've missed all the seasons, but I love the main actor.  Some day, I will find time to watch it all.

The Office - I just can't get into this season yet.  I have class every Thursday, so it's hard to catch up.

Sons of Anarchy - I watched the first 4 episodes of this show and was hooked.  Then I neglected to continue.  It's now already onto season 2.  It's got Katey Segal and she's amazing.  It's got Charlie Hunnam and he's all grown up and not getting his ass licked, but still doing great.

And now you all officially know what a super tv geek that I am. :)  But seriously, tv is finally back after so many years of utter crap and me having no interest in anything.

3 comments:

jno said...

How funny is Modern Family? Every week I'm peeing my pants.

30 Rock is off to a great start too...there's already been some classic moments.

letsbevain said...

Fatty McFat Fat was great on 30 rock.

Anonymous said...

Dexter is great if you watch it online and skip over everyone but Michael C. Hall.

And totally agreed about The Big Bang Theory!

Another pleasure continues to be Nip/Tuck. It's horrifically wonderful. And pretty queer.

Oh man, I need to get back to reading...

Love, Evelyn Shaller-Auslander