Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Music Round-Up

Monday was a big day for new music. Susan Boyle's highly anticipated album came out. It's going to be the number one album next week but that's not enough to get me to buy it. Here's what I did buy...

Rihanna - Rated R, much darker than her previous stuff. I'm not a fan but Te Amo and Rude Boy are worth a download.

Lady Gaga - Fame Monster. It's thisclose to being an album (8 songs), totally worth the price. Gaga can do no wrong at this point. Best songs - Monster and Bad Romance. The video for Bad Romance is totally bitchin'.

Jay Sean - All or Nothing. This guy had a huge hit with Down (featuring everybody's BFF Lil Wayne). Most of the songs sound the same and there's nothing that stands out. Give this one a pass...but look at the album cover and bask in his hotness.

Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment is the biggest surprise for me. I didn't like him on American Idol but the lead single got me hooked and overall the album is a fun mix of pop-rock and dance. The title track, Aftermath, Whataya Want From Me and If I Had You are my faves.

Kris Allen, the actual winner of American Idol released a CD last week as well. The lead single Live Like We're Dying is catchy but the rest of the album is blands-ville.

What else is out there? Leona Lewis? John Mayer? Tell me what you think!

2 comments:

letsbevain said...

JNo beat me to doing a music round up, so here are my quick thoughts.

Rihanna's new album is great!!! No clue why ppl are dissing it. It's got a ton of great songs. Wait Your Turn and So Hard are great songs.

Is it mainstream pop a la Good Girls Gone Bad?? Nope. Did she get her ass beat and now is rocking it out w/ some edge. Yep. She'll do some happy pop again next go around, when she's in love and such.

I haven't heard much of Gaga's new album. Speechless is okay.

Glambert's For Your Entertainment is growing on me. Though the video with the Madonna cane (Me Against the Music w/ Britney) is hit and miss.

Jay Sean...only know the one single. Seems like a one hit wonder.

Did you really pay for music?? That's nuts.

jno said...

Yes, I pay for music. Well...most of it.