Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stupid Customer Complaint #2:


Today, I had an encounter with a customer. I was thoroughly convinced, it would end with either me being slapped or me bitch slapping them.

I received a complaint today from a customer about children playing in the hall.  Yes, yes, I know...what a scary thought.  Children playing and not just sitting in front of a television screen mindlessly playing video games.

I informed the kids that they'd have to play outside as a customer had complained. I said that I was okay with it, but we have to respect everybody's wishes.

A few seconds later, a rather tall and large woman entered my office in a complete huff.  Demanding that I retract my statement that it's okay for children to play in the hall.  I stated that I wouldn't, but had respected her wish and the children were no longer playing in the hall.

She goes on about the safety of other patrons.  I told her that nobody else complained, so they don't have a problem with it.  She informed me that they don't know how to complain properly.  I told her that I had heard her complaint and dealt with it.

She decides to pursue it further and states that by me saying that it's okay, I have confused the individuals as English is clearly their second language.  I told her that I would no longer continue this line of conversation as I felt it was rude.  She said that I have no right to speak to her that way or anybody and that she knows people and how they act.  I asked how she knew that English was their second language and she said that she had observed them talking to one another.  I asked how English being a second language means they need further clarification about what I've said.  She had no response to that.

I told her that the issue had been dealt with and she starts yelling at me and how I don't know anything about customer service.  I informed her that her young son appears to be embarassed and that I had heard what she said, addressed it, and now wanted to get back to my work.  She yells 'You heard me. You heard me. Well then, if you heard me, I guess I'll be on my way.'

People are stupid.  Please don't be stupid like this woman!  This'd be Jay's tip of the day.

No comments: