Monday, November 2, 2009

FB = FML?


I think I'm on facebook too much. I probably check it 5-10 times a day during the week. Mostly to see what my friends are doing, check out links and creep on pictures (everyone does this, don't lie). That's what facebook is about. There alot of great things FB does that make my life easier. Yesterday my good friend got engaged after dating her guy for a VERY long time. She called her mom, then updated her status. How easy was that? One status update and everyone knows. That's the good stuff.

The bad stuff. In that same FB session I found out some other information I probably didn't need to see. I was going through Halloween pictures and saw my ex and his new guy in matching sailor costumes. Now, I already sort of knew about his new guy but I didn't really need to see them making out in their super gay matching costumes. As I don't particularly enjoy my stalker tendencies when they come out, I stopped myself from looking any further.

Do I need to check FB multiple times every day, is my life REALLY better for having FB in my life? Am I the only one having this issue?

PS - Would you ever wear a matching sailor costume with your new boyfriend?

(Answer - Hell no.)

3 comments:

letsbevain said...

Oh JNo, I think you need to delete the ex from your fbook. It's only gonna cause you grief.

Matching outfits?? Well I personally hate that shit. Esp. hetero couples who get his and her jackets...really? I like ppl to only know that I'm in a couple, if they happen to walk in on us having sex. :P Otherwise, we should always just look like platonic friends...but that's just me.

I feel that fbook tells me too much about everybody. You go on and it's like 'oh that's where that person is going, there's so many pics from that event, and I wonder if based on the new friend if that's who they're fucking.'

I have an ex who posts multiple pics of him making out w/ new bf. I think it's to get back at me for never allowing such hideous-ness. :)

jno said...

Good advice...at the very least he's blocked from the news feed.

letsbevain said...

Blocking news feeds is like hiding the mess under your bed. The mess is still there only to be exposed when you go to peak under the bed.