Thursday, March 19, 2009

I saw Britney too, Bitches!

Yes, I saw Britney too.

And that girl upper-body danced her boobs off! She didn't seem to like using her legs, though. Like, at all. Lazy bitch.

Okay, okay. As a gay man, I think I'm actually contractually obligated to defend the tragic mess that is Britters till the day I die, but as fantastically splendid as her show was, there are a few things I have to complain and bitch about, and I'll try not to go over what Jay has already said in his post. (Sorry Jay, but Britney's a hot topic.)

And where better to bitch and complain about all things Britney, then at "Let's Be Vain!!!"?

So. Britney's Circus tour starts off with a nice big bang for your overpriced buck. Perez Hilton as the scary, creepy, circus host was just awesome. He was so much fun to watch, and with the circus music in the background, everything just felt really epic. Like Jay said, she opened with "Circus," and the spectacle was loaded. People flying on rings in the air, dancer jumping here and high-kickin' it there, the steam, the fog, the energy (All except for Britney. She was totally like "Dammit, I just want to get this over with and finish ma cheezeburger y'all!").

She then moves into some other fan faves from her last two albums, and I could not help but think "I want the PCD back for a bit..." because those girls can dance and sing, at the same time.

Also, Britney is apparently too good to walk because she had her ass carried by cage, rolling rack, man, woman, tricycle and every other movable set piece that the designers could think of cause I don't think she once walked from one end of the stage to the other. She walked in circles around the center, but that's about it. She was really good at walking around in circles.



"Hey Toronto! How you feelin' tonight?"
"Come on, you can do better, I said how you feelin'!"

And that was the extent of her audience interaction/use of her actual voice. There's this one point where she is counting, and I swear even that was pre-recorded.



But god damn, I love her. I love Britney. I love the star that she was and the mess that she is. I loved her little SM stunt in the show, and how she flew and dangled in the air with the two guys in leather SM gear. It was pretty hot.

And speaking of hot, I want to have hot sweaty sex with the male dancers on stage. They are all so beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't give a shit about Britney Spears.

letsbevain said...

Haha...I totally noticed her mostly upper body dancing only.

She was full of energy for my night, maybe she was over it by last nite.

I kinda felt like PCD barely danced, which was disappointing. Or when they did dance, it was so simple.

RGH said...

I agree with Philip.

I am surprised at you kai and jay!

tsk tsk tskkkkkkkkkkk