Thursday, March 19, 2009

I saw Britney, bitches!

Mmmhmm...that'd be right! I saw Britney, bitches! But not only that, I saw PCD (Pussy Cat Dolls, for you non-mainstream music-ers).

I almost missed my PCD as they were freakin on at 8:05pm. What concert actually starts close to on time? Janet put LL Cool J on around 8:30 or so, but we didn't get her for a long time after.

Anyways, I aimed to be there for 7:50ish, I walk down Bay towards ACC and there's a line all the way out the door. Me being me, I decided to bypass the line (I LOATHE LINES) and walk into the building to find even more lines/crowds. Some gal was squawking on a mic that PCD would be on within 10 minutes and to try another gate to get in.

Everyone's standing there like lemmings, so I booted to another gate and got right in. My seats were great. Last row of 100 level, but section 121, so just off of centre stage. No one tall in front of me and I could see everything perfectly.

PCD comes on at 8:05 and does a 40 minute set of all their hits. Don't Cha into Beep! into Buttons into I Hate This Part into I Don't Need A Man into Stickwitu into Whatchathinkaboutthat into Jai Ho into When I Grow Up (I've probably mixed up the order). The most confusing thing is the 'Baby' Doll looks a lot like Nicole, so I kept following the wrong person. Plus, I don't get why the 2 dancers (redhead and girl who can kick) have a mic, they rarely seemed to sing into it. Either way, they did all their hit songs and no fillers, so I liked, liked, liked.

They leave at 8:45, then we get a Circus show of different side show acts. Pretty damn cool. Miss Spears arrives at 9:05 or 9:20 and delivers with a great opening. She did 'Circus' and has about 15 back up dancers mixed with 4 acrobats and various circus side show. There's a cool video accompaniment too (something featured throughout the show). Too many songs for me to list them, but mostly all off of the last 3 albums with 'Hit Me Baby, One More Time' thrown in near the end.

The cool thing is that Britney is back! Her last few vids have shown some glimmer of her, but nothing like we saw on stage. She was confident, she was dancing, and she seemed to be having fun. There's so much going on that it distracts from anything that she may not be doing so well. :P Highlights were: Radar, Toxic, Womanizer, Piece of Me, and Do Something (mostly cuz they're just my favourite songs).

Does Britney sing?? Fuck no! I don't think she was even singing Everytime. But every tween gal was singing along. I guess they really relate to that song.

Only disappointment was the number of set and costume changes. It's fine after 3 or 4 songs, but at one point, it seems like it's after every song and that just messes with the flow. I like to dance all night, not get up, dance, sit down, wait, get up, dance, sit down, wait. Ohh..I think there's a song in there somewhere. :P

Simply put, the show was $150 (much much cheaper that Madonna & Janet) and you got 2 great acts for the night. Was it worth? Hell's yah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh britney