Monday, March 23, 2009

Is that a stain? No, it's a signature Crawford mole!

As evident by my jeans, t-shirt, and hoodie combo that I've been sporting for over 10 years, I don't follow fashion. Yet, I used to pay some attention to fashion models. I'm pretty sure that Cindy Crawford's been away from the spotlight for some time.

While watching tv, I came across a commercial of her whoring out for The Brick. Only to discover that she's whoring out her own signature furniture line...at The Brick. Don't believe me? Check out this link for a video to the shiteous commercial that they've made.

Yep, you can now bring Cindy Crawford home, except it's not blow up or in cut out form. You can lie down on her, curl up with her, sit on her, but that's about it. I'm all for celebrity gimmicks, but really? When I think upholestery, I don't think about models. It's like if Martha Stewart started designing personality pills, I'll pick up some towels from her...but would you really want to act like her?

I guess if Jessica Simpson can design edible body frosting to lick off your partner, then Cindy should be allowed to pretend like she can craft together a love seat.

My only concern is how do I explain her need to mark each product with her signature mole to friends?

You: Oh what a lovely party, it's a shame somebody went and stained your brand new couch.
Me: Stain? What the fuck?
You: Well you know, that nasty brown smudge on the side.
Me: Oh you, that's a signature Crawford mole!
You: The bitch makes furniture?
Me: And it's exclusively available at The Brick and the brick.com *winks*

1 comment: