Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Taco Nights!!!


I was at the grocery store this afternoon, when I walked down the snacks aisle and saw what's been missing from my new apartment these last few months - a taco kit. I have a long history with taco kits dating back to when I first moved away from home seven years ago. My gal pal and I lived in a house, she had the basement and I had the main floor, it was rockin' good times. :P

Often, we'd celebrate Tuesdays with Taco Nights. It was quite the event. One would buy the kit, the other the meat. One would bring the cheese, the other the green pepper. Oh and of course, there was beer! Depending on which floor we were on, that person was in charge of grilling the beef and the other for prepping all the ingredients.

The challenge was that between the 2 of us, we would have to finish the whole kit and usually at least a big bottle of wine or like 5 beers a piece.

Taco Night wasn't complete without a jump onto the dance floor (aka kitchen floor), watching some t.v., and then usually passing out from being boozed out around 9pm.

I've continued the taco night tradition with future partners/roomies and it's always a good time. Though, I haven't had one in such a long time...so that's your cue to indulge in one with me. :)

What are some 'themed' nights that you enjoy having?

1 comment:

maggie82 said...

Well it has been ages, but every Sunday, my friends and I would watch X-Files religiously. A bunch of us would go to my friends place, smoke a couple bowls, drink some beer, have a little dance party, play some pool and then sit down and watch the show. I miss those days.