Saturday, June 6, 2009

Let's Get Active!

A few weeks ago, I rejoiced in the idea of having a summer fling. I've decided to change my statement to summer fit. More to the point, let's get active!

I think we hear fit and some of us may picture perfect speedo/bikini bods with rock hard abs, etc. After close to three decades on this planet, I'm realizing that's just not going to happen for me. I'm going to stick with simply being active and letting the rest take care of itself.

I'm on a 90 day workout challenge and I'm 13 days into it. It's called the P90x workout (www.beachbody.com) and it's a series of DVDs that guide you through a different workout each day of the week. I was drawn to it as it does a day of yoga each week, which is something that I haven't seen in a professional mainstream workout before. Plus, you do 2 days of cardio and get a day off each week. After two weeks of the same videos, it's starting to lose its lustre, but I can certainly see how people would see results by the end. Work out 90 days straight for an hour or so, one is bound to see some improvements. :)

For me, it's not just about getting fit, it's really about just being active. After 13 days of being active daily, I'm seeing the signs. I'm eating a lot more than ever, cuz my body is craving nourishment and it's mostly all healthy. I'm hydrated to the point that I'm using the washroom way too often to empty my bladder. ;) I'm sleeping much longer than before and having vivid dreams due to my extreme exhaustion at the end of the day. Most of all, I'm having a lot of fun.

On top of the P90x workouts, I'm leading yoga sessions, taking long walks and going out blading w/ new and old friends. The summer is officially here, so why not take advantage of it?

What are you doing to be active these days?

No comments: