Thursday, June 11, 2009

Music In The Summer

You know it's the summer time, when songs that are light and fun start to come about. I can't even recall what last year's song of the summer was?? Any help? I think 2 years ago it was 'Umbrella', there was 'Promiscuous', 'We Belong Together' and of course, the list goes on.

Here's what I'm listening to right now as we head into the summer season...yep, all pure pop-ness.

Kelly Rowland is the biggest star to come out of Destiny's Child. Mark my words. Time will make this statement very very true. Beyonce is all flash and really, I'm soooo tired of her. Kelly works at being original, tries different things and is FAR MORE beautiful than Beyonce can ever aspire to be. For the summer, she's hooked up with a mega DJ to put out what will surely be a huge international hit.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo


I'm not going to lie. This one will take a few listens to really get into it. But I swear that you will be humming the chorus as your day goes on. The interesting thing that BEP has done with this album is to release non-singles as singles. The #1 hit 'Boom Boom Pow' doesn't really fit what US audiences tend to enjoy it, yet they ate it up. This one is just a smooth summer jam that you can chill to on the patio.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo



My pick for summer song of the summer is Jordin Sparks' 'Battlefield.' Congrats to her for getting a instant hit song written for her. Plus, she has made a super grown up video. If you were able to not get into her first hit song, Tattoo, then you might be able to avoid this one. If you liked that song, you're going to love this one.
Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo


What pop songs are in the running for your songs of the summer?

2 comments:

RGH said...

I was GOB-SMACKED the first time I heard When Love Takes Over...it's brill. I think it's impossible for her to eclipse beyonce, but I think she'a already surpassed her in terms of talent, output,and respectability.


heard the new Aqua yet?

letsbevain said...

I really liked Aqua back in the day, but I'm still not feeling this song.

I think you summed up my thoughts about Kelly vs. Beyonce perfectly. :)