Thursday, June 4, 2009

What the fuck is up with this weather.

Over the past few years, I have maintained a very simple and respectable "sick" cycle. I only get sick once a year and it usually hits me around the end of September/beginning of October. I get a mild flu, I stay home, drop a few pounds and then spend a week gaining my sick weight back which is ALWAYS fun. Now it may be a bad thing that I always get the flu once year because really, your goal should be to never ever get the flu. But my "sick" cycle has been so consistent that I have grown accustomed to my flu's arrival and I even prepare for it during that time!

However...

With this up and down weather, with the cold and the hot and the humid and the chills and the "holy crap everyone else is sick and now I'm sick", my entire system is thrown off. I feel crappier than ever lately, and I just totally got the flu a few days ago when really, I shouldn't be getting this until late September, and I blame this on global warming because even the cicadas are starting to emerge and they shouldn't be out for another 4 years, because they only mate every 17!

Or, I have some other life-threatening illness and this is just a symptom.


Is anyone feeling thrown off by this annoyingly crappy weather?
Am I crazy?

1 comment:

letsbevain said...

A lot of people seem to be getting sick. I went through a few days of headaches due to the temperature extremes that we have 2 weeks ago. :)

I tend to get sick every year in February, though I didn't this year. Instead, I was violently ill this last November.

Any new stress added to the life right now on top of the weather?? Stress is my one key trigger of illness.

Get well, you have a Pridecab to assist with. :)