Saturday, October 3, 2009

I hated these songs, but now I like 'em

I'm usually on top of the mainstream hits, but lately it's taken me awhile to warm to three of the following hits.

Mariah's momentum from 2 albums ago does not flow into this one.  She's doing an album a year lately and it just ain't working for her.  Plus, she's taking advice from Nick Cannon and he's about as musically inclined as Lindsay Lohan.  It took a few months, but I'm enjoying Obsessed.  It's a Touch My Body knock off and I've yet to hear an Obsessed remix that matches any of the great club one's release for Touch My Body.  Off the new album, I'll take Obsessed, Standing O, and Up Out My Face.

Check the Obsessed vid...


I've heard Taylor Swift songs for the last little while and have not liked a single one.  My staff was playing You Belong To Me throughout the summer and I still disliked it.  A few weeks ago, it came on the radio and now I play it on my ipod at least once a day.  There's something about country songs that I really enjoy.  You couldn't sing the same lyrics in a pop/rock song and have it come off as not sounding 100% hokey.  '

"And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town
I havent seen it in awhile, since she brought you down
You say you find I know you better than that
Hey, Whatcha doing with a girl like that?"

I could sing that part over and over all night long.  Yes, I am a 14 year old girl trapped in a 27 year old's body. :P

Check the You Belong To Me vid...


Finally, I love to hate on Beyonce.  She really needs to take a break and just disappear and come back in 3 years and then I'll be like 'Hooray, she's returned.'  When I first downloaded her album, I don't recall liking a single song off of it.  Single Ladies was only enjoyable after a few viewings of the video.  At first, me and the video were not friends at all.  Then I enjoyed the silly dance moves at the clubs.  Sweet Dreams is my new present fave.  The video is not so great and the cheap editing effects are actually quite embarassing.  But the song is great and if I still went clubbing, I'd totally dance to it.

Check out the Sweet Dreams vid...


What hit songs were you cold on, but now starting to like?

4 comments:

RGH said...

I'm SO out of the loop with top40, but Shakira is always good for a laugh.

jno said...

I really didn't like Battlefield by Jordin Sparks, but then after hearing it at the gym like 20 times I love it now.

letsbevain said...

Battlefield is soooo good. I can't believe it didn't break top 10. Poor Jordin.

jno said...

SOS (Let The Music Play) is even better...it's gonna be HUGE.