Wednesday, October 21, 2009

P!nk Kylie Mika Brannan - Mini Reviews


It's been quite the gay concert month for me.  I've seen P!nk, Kylie, Mika and even Jay Brannan.  Great, Great, Great, Good are my official reviews.  Here's just some quickie reviews on 4 concerts, I could type much more on each, but then this'd be the longest post of mine yet.

P!nk:
Venue:  Air Canada Centre
Seat:  General Admission floor - not as horrible as I had pictured it.  I imagined dealing with people continuously smashing into me trying to get closer to their goddess.  Not a single person hit me the entire evening.   I ended up 10 rows back from the stage.
Went with: No one, I'm a loner
Best song: Funhouse (giant scary clowns and I think even some pyro)
Worst song: I'm pretty sure I loved it all
Ex's/Friends/Lovers Spotted:  2 ex lovers, one that I knew was attending and 1 that I didn't want to speak to again.
Over all:  P!nk's voice is amazing live!!!  She does fun dance moves on occasion.  She interacts well with her band.  She has genuine fun and it makes it fun for you.

Kylie Minogue:

Venue:  Air Canada Centre
Seat: Tenth Row Floor, Left Side - originally had row 26, but a few days prior to the show checked ticketmaster and got better seats.  Sold the old seats for about half the cost, but whatever.
Went with: Again, I'm a loner. 
Best song: Come Into My World, All I See, and Love At 1st Sight
Worst song:  I'm a geek, but I enjoyed it all
Ex's/Friends/Lovers Spotted:  I've never seen so many freakin queers in one space.  I had slept with I think 5 people there and spotted at least 6-8 friends/acquaintances.
Over all:  Kylie is an extreme talent and should definitely come back for another tour.  She sings live and quite well.  She dances and quite well.  She did one number where she was lifted in the air doing the splits.  Plus, she knows how to please her gay boys.  Hot gay dancers in speedos showering.  YUM!  The audience loved loved loved her.  She left for 10 min. b4 the encore started and the applause just kept getting louder.


Mika:
Venue: Sound Academy:
Seats: General admission - I think we were about 15 rows back for this one.  Way too many stupid baby gays that tried their best to ruin my night.
Went with:  Uh-oh, no longer a loner.  Went with an ex and a new bud.
Best song: We Are Golden and Touches You
Worst song: Whatever the first song was, I was distracted by baby gays bashing into me repeatedly.
Ex's/Friends/Lovers Spotted: see 'went with'
Over all:  My first concert was Mika was amazing.  He wasn't as famous and it was a good venue and I could see him throughout.  This time, I had a lot of tall ppl in front of me and too many baby gays around.  Mika's voice sounds exactly like the album, his energy is infectious, and I love most of his songs.


Jay Brannan:
Venue: El Mocambo
Seat: General admission - stood close to the back of the club.  No point in standing close and being squished, when you can stand from afar and see all.
Went with: Ex and a friend
Best Song: Half boyfriend
Worst song: About half the set that I didn't know
Ex's/Friends/Lovers Spotted: An online bud was apparently there, but he spotted me.  Saw a guy from HS there.  Finally, ran into a guy that I dated a few times and it made my heart got pitter patter.
Over all:  I went cuz the tickets were dirt cheap and I've seen his penis on film.  Plus, he sings sad songs.  I enjoyed all the songs that I knew, he was semi humourous, and it was worth the $16.  He's not as funny as the gays made it seem though.  They laughed their asses off at everything, but I understand that they did so to get into his pants.

No comments: