Friday, January 9, 2009

Confessing to a lie!


Take a moment to read the above caption and then laugh with delight when you get it. :)

Moving along to today's posting...

It's Friday and time for another confession and this week, it's debating whether I'm a liar or not.

On December 1st, I started this blog with the idea that I wanted to post something new for 30 days in a row. It was an opportunity to no longer agonize over one's writing and simply post whatever was on my mind at that very moment.

Now here's the thing, I have been posting something new for 37 days, but I don't write them every day.

This week, what's been posted has been written that day. Last week, I was in Manhattan for 5 days, so I wrote 5 postings in advance as I wasn't sure what my net access would be like. Some days, I get in a groove and write 4 things and then set them up to be posted over a period of 4 days.

Does this make me a liar? Does it invalidate this project? Does it really matter?

This week's confession is more of a question. If your intention is not to deceive, can your impact be different?

For the purposes of the project, my intention is to simply write 30 new thoughts a month and I feel that I met that expectation.

Individuals who come to this site always have something new posted by either myself or the other contributors on a daily basis. This is certainly no easy feat and somewhat of a rarity for newly born blog.

Well that's my semi confession for the week...

No comments: