Saturday, January 3, 2009

I went to NYC...and found myself!

Ever feel like you're just drifting through life for awhile and then have a chance to find yourself again?

I sorta kinda definitely had that feeling this past week in NYC. I paid my first visit to the 'Big Apple' and think I came home renewed.

NYC is pretty much Toronto, just dirtier. Much dirtier. It has tall buildings, beautiful parks, transit, homeless, food, etc. If you can make it here, trust...you can find your way there.

I'll probably post some more commentary on the trip another time, but for now, I want to talk about the joy of finding myself again.

If you know me, then you're aware that my usual weekly schedule consists of Monday-Friday: go to work, come home, eat, do 4 online courses all night long, sleep, and repeat. Saturday-Sunday is wake up early, study study study, write a paper, outline another one, do an online test, sleep host Say Something, and repeat.

I'm a very calm person, but also very much on the edge all the time. I have my life pretty much completely worked out and when something intervenes, it drives me nuts. :)

So it was great to go to NYC. I walked around, I checked out all the sites, I mingled with way more ppl than usual, I went bar hopping, I dance, danced, danced, and I did yoga twice.

Throughout all of this, I discovered myself again. I remembered that I can be calm, I can be fun, I can be relaxed, I can enjoy meeting new people, and that yoga keeps me entirely centered and grounded in reality.

The days most certainly flew by and I don't recall every moment, but I did do my best to be entirely present in each moment.

I came home last night, really thrilled to have found myself again and to really appreciate all the many awesome things that I possess both physically and emotionally.

So I'm pleased to be home, excited for 2009, and even a little excited to start work on Monday!!!

How was your week???

1 comment:

RGH said...

mine was pretty fab, not gonna lie