Friday, January 16, 2009

What a shitty sequel!!!


I'm one of the few, but I really enjoyed the first Fantastic 4. It was fun, funny, and fulfilled my non-existent expectations.

I remember going into it with an ex and just thinking nothing of it. I found myself laughing a lot, enjoying the action, and walked out thinking that it was good popcorn movie fun!!!

I never got around to watching the sequel until tonight. It was surely one shitty sequel!!! This time, it met my expectations. I've never read the comics, but as soon as I saw the title 'Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer', I knew it couldn't be good.

Usually in the comic movies, the 1st is about discovering your powers and the 2nd just throws you into the action. Not so this time, instead we get a wedding and then the drama and then the loss of powers, and a hint of a team breaking up, and a return of an Evil guy (that now they trust...), and in the end...problems solved. Lame, lame, lame. Minimal action, few laughs, just dreadful.

So the question of the day is: what sequel has disappointed you lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Legally Blonde 2.

I loved the first one, because it was cute and funny and Elle Wood's totally made me think that even I could become a lawyer. But the second one just stunk, like dog poop. Weak plot, horrible jokes, and in the end I just felt so bad for Ms. Witherspoon.

Philip Cairns said...

I'm sure Ms. Witherspoon's huge paycheck made up for her bad feelings, don't you think? How many crappy shows have Toronto actors been in for no money?!