Thursday, January 8, 2009

What's the point of illness?


Someone tell me the point of being ill??? Honestly, it makes no freaking sense to me!!!

Why do we need illness? Why do we need to get sick? It's just a freaking waste of time.

I had 2 weeks vacation and now I'm back to work and so it's a little stressful due to a lot of things going on.

I come home on Tuesday night after working a long ass day, feel the need to pass out, and wake up to feeling super ill. Super ill = puking like crazy for 2 hours straight. Ugh...it was awful. It freakin burned my throat, it was like pure poison. I had a glass of water to hydrate myself and that just brought up all sorts of badness.

Of course, I have to take a day off work, cuz now I've no sleep and feel sick all day. I slowly ease myself back onto food by sipping on a water bottle until 1pm. 2 pieces of toast with butter throughout the afternoon. Finally, some pasta with chicken in the evening. Thankfully, everything stays down and I'm starting to feel better. It's only a 24 hour flu...awesome!!!

I wake up this morning and now I've got a head cold. My nose is stuffy and my sinuses are filled. No fun at all. :( I have to go to work, cuz I have a staff orientation to get through. So I endure a 10 hour day, where I don't recall anything that I did. So hopefully, I didn't fuck up all that much.

Now I'm at home, still stuffed up and eagerly awaiting tomorrow to come and my work day to be over and done with.

From there, I can head downtown to pick up my school books for this semester, reference letters for a grant due next week, and then back to my place for some well deserved rest. :)

My question is, what do you think the point of being sick is??? Cuz I don't see one at all!!!

No comments: