Thursday, January 15, 2009

I don't get sweat pants in public!!!

I'm in no ways a fashionista or really even fashion conscious whatsoever, but I don't freakin get why people wear sweat pants in public.

I'm sitting here at my local library and it's crawling with annoying high school youths. Girls with high pitched laughs and guys with pants tucked into their construction boots.

I'm starting to notice that everybody is wearing sweatpants, especially grey sweatpants and none of them look flattering on any of them.


What happened to wearing a simple pair of jeans or just anything else that is in the least bit attractive? Or do youths just not care about their looks any more?? This I don't believe.

Or are sweatpants the new fashion??? Is this what one wears to look good? Why do they choose the colour grey?

Now don't think I'm hating on the sweats. I love me a good pair of comfy sweats for wearing around the house (when I wear clothes in the house...). Also, I'll wear them when road trippin, cuz jeans can get uncomfy over long distances, but that's about it.

So catch me up, you fashion gurus...what's up with the sweats?

2 comments:

RGH said...

sometimes ya just don't care!

getting though your day is enough, screw trying to be pretty for strangers.

SpecialK said...

I have hated sweatpants ever since I was a kid.
I find them so unflattering and things move around.
Plus there was also a kid at school who wore them everyday and it was not attractive...and he smelled.
This also could be why I have a strong disdain for them.
When I ask people usually say they're "comfortable".
Well...I'll still be comfortable in my l'il ole jeans.