Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sometimes I'm real stupid!!!


It's days like today that I just feel that a complete stupid retarded loser!!!

I'm going on no sleep this week. On Sunday, a friend rang my buzzer at 2am and awoke me from slumber to which I couldn't get back to sleep.

On Monday, a friend awoke me from a deep slumber with a phone call at 11:30pm. I couldn't get back to sleep.

Last night, I went out to an event and then for food afterwards that I shouldn't have gone too. I got home late and so I got little sleep again.


Me on little sleep = someone really stupid. Ugh...it's kinda hard to admit this.

So this morning, I mailed a letter. Well an application to the Toronto Fringe festival. I was all excited and everything. I haven't applied in like 8 years after my first non-entry into the lottery.

I go about my day and I'm working hard and trying to stay awake and all that. Then I realize something...that one needs to put a stamp on a letter, when they mail it.

See, I haven't sent anything in the mail in YEARS. Like anything that didn't already have a stamp on it. I've had zip.ca (online movie rental service) for awhile and you just pop that shit in the mail as it has a stamp already on it.

At work, I mail stuff out all the time. But there, I put in the outgoing mail and then the admin people add the postage and shit. So literally, I haven't mailed fuck all in forever.

So today, I think I'm being all good mailing in my application bright and early. I do it in Toronto to ensure it'll get there for 4pm on Friday (the deadline). I don't wait, I even am late to work as I have to drive to the closest mailbox, get out and everything. I'm thinking 'woohoo, good on me for not procrastinating' and 'woohoo, now I don't have to send it overnight delivery on thursday...i'm awesome.'

Instead, I'm feeling like a dumbass and can't believe that I put a letter in the mail without a stamp. Plus, I don't know what to do. If you submit something twice, then you get canceled out. Sooo on the off chance that my application makes it there without a stamp and I submit another one, then I can lose. On the other hand, if I don't put anything in, I won't get a chance for a performance. Grrr...it's all so frustrating!!

So yah, please share your stupid tales, so I can feel less like an idiot.

No comments: