Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Finishing Last??

Now boys,
Mind out of the gutter, please.

In this case I am talking about the old adage that "Nice guys finish last". It seems to be a saying that has rang true for anyone since the dawn of time. From old to young, gay to straight or bi or tri...anything once.

Did Lancelot not take Guinevere at least once from Arthur?

What of Romeo taking Juliet from Paris?

Do these nice guys finish last because they are trampled on by the bigger, overbearing bad boys? Or is it because they allow others to finish before them out of their polite good natured upbringing?

I guess you gotta figure out first what "nice" really encompasses before taking on the whole enchilada.

Is it something subjective, changing views from one person to another? (like physical appearance) or something more like manners? Where it is something that you have or have not been taught. If that's true, then Hannibal Lecter was a very nice person.

Charm and confidence to the point of narcissism are classic bad boy traits that are desired by others. Sure their bed posts are notched down to matchsticks and hell yeah that's a boost of confidence right there knowing that you could get anyone anytime. But these traits are also their downfalls when it comes to sustaining monogamous lasting relationships.

So which is the finish line?? Maybe the Hare in the old childhood fable wanted to get to the end to do the nasty with a "wascally wabbit" and it just wasn't the Tortoise's cup of tea. I'm sure if there was a French chef at the end making Lapin a L'Orange, the Tortoise may have just had the upper hand.

And I think that maybe it's a good thing that Nice Guys do finish last. At least everyone will finish. Maybe everything is really worth the wait. Delayed gratification and all. Ok...that one you can let your mind wander in the gutter for.

So, do I have an answer?? uhm...no...hahaha. I was just putting it out there wondering what other people thought. Me...I dunno where I sit. Some days I think I'm sugar and spice, but then other days I just wanna go out there and feel the thrill of the hunt.

When I was younger and debating on this little saying, I had someone say to me

"Ok...look at this way. Do you really want to wait for the Cinderella float at the end of the Disney parade or enjoy the ones in between?"

Which is it for you?

2 comments:

RGH said...

SpecialK, you're such a wascally wabbit.

letsbevain said...

ok, so that last line is just an excuse for being slutty. but a convincing argument...