Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Job Interview....how I hate them



Ok everyone, I have an interview tomorrow.  Oh I am stressed, well not so much now, but I am sure by the time I go to bed I won't be able to sleep.  I will be thinking of all the possible questions they will ask and how I will respond.  When I do fall asleep I will have those dreaded dreams of doing something embarassing during the interview.  The worst thing is I somehow have to hide the interview from my current job.  How does one go to an interview in a suit when you never dress in a suit at work?  
Anyways I hate interviews.  I don't know how people can figure out who the right candidate for the job is by meeting them for 30-45 minutes and a piece of paper.  How does that really judge ones character.  You can be anything, say anything and do anything to pretend to be something you aren't.  I just think interviews are so awkward and lame.  You don't want to be there anymore then they do.  You just hope you can prove you are the best.  Well I hate having to talk about how "great" I am.  I am not a person who goes out and likes to show off and speak very highly of ones self.  I hate talking to people I don't know and not knowing what to say.  They ask a question and you have to come up with some answer on the spot.  Of course it is that one question you didn't prepare and you turn beat red trying to come up with the answer.  You start slurring your words.  Then I start getting sweaty palms and when the interview is over I don't want to shake hands.  
So everyone tell me some bad interviews that you have had to cheer me up and calm me down.  Plus wish me luck tomorrow.  Who knows I might be the best "liar" of the bunch.

2 comments:

Philip Cairns said...

I went to an interview to do door to door census work. The jerk asked me what questions I would ask people. I said, "Aren't we told that in the training?"
Wrong answer. I could guess what questions we would ask but I thought it would be presumptuous of me to say what questions we would have to ask people when we went to their door.
Anyway, I didn't get the job. I thought the guy interviewing me was an asshole.

Philip Cairns said...

Good luck. I hope you get the job.