Friday, December 5, 2008

No, no, I'm not gay, but my choice in concerts is...


Alritey, it's time for a little self disclosure. I'm a self identified bisexual on the whole sexuality spectrum. I prefer the term queer though, it just has a better ring these days. Plus it doesn't get you questions of 'so who do u prefer?' and 'aren't u just lying to yourself' and 'well prove it..when'd u last fuck a girl?' Anyways, that's all for another posting.

If anyone were to look at my recent concert choices, I couldn't fault them for thinking that I was in homo-licious denial of my status. In the past two years, here are the concerts that I've seen: Virgin Fest (multiple performers...went for M.I.A., The Killers, Smashing Pumpkins, and Bjork), Scissor Sisters (where I actually won a contest and got to meet them), M.I.A. at Kool Haus (separate from Virgin Fest), Mika, Coldplay, Janet Jackson, Madonna, and Alanis Morisette. There's probably a few more, but I just ain't remembering right now.

So yes, lookin at my concert choices, I can see the gayyyyyy! But in my defense, I didn't get tickets to Katy Perry. Mostly cuz I don't agree with the exploitation of gay culture by a mainstream artist. If you think that song would've been number 1, if it was 'I Kissed A Boy and I Liked It...' - you're mistaken. Anyways...

Here's a quick run down of the remembrances that I have from these concerts:

Virgin Fest - 2 long ass days filled w/ much dancing and the realization that being further from the stage means loss bothersome people. :) Plus all of Bjork's songs start to sound the same, when played live.

Scissor Sisters - not quite as good as the first time that I saw them. All of them really nice in person. Though I said few words and just took a couple of pictures that I think are now long gone thanks to hard drive crash.

M.I.A. - lots of weird opening acts and then she comes on and this guy starts up trouble and beats the shit outta this other guy. Other than that, M.I.A. songs are meant for a dance party.

Mika - an amazing live performer and totally uber gay...even if he won't admit it.

Coldplay - songs meant for large stadiums. Fix You was great!

Janet Jackson - 9 rows from the stage. As a huge fan, getting 35 of her greatest hits was more than I could take. Plus girl got mad booty!!

Madonna - hits and misses. Not enough dancing and too much guitar playing. Nice personal moment had during 'Miles Away' thou that I still think about.

Alanis - 4th row from stage. Amazing live performer! Massey Hall is such an awesome venue. Trevor Boris almost getting his ass kicked, even better.

And well now here's my confession...you see, I've been rambling on and sharing random information for this reason.

I bought Britney Spears tickets today and I'm a little ashamed to admit it. I think of my 19 year old self and he'd probably kick my ass nowadays. But her last 3 albums have had some really great dance tracks on it and I really enjoy them. So I'm gonna go and dance my little queer booty off to her lip sync-ed tracks. Plus, Pussy Cat Dolls are the opening. 2 in 1. :)

The only other 2 concerts that I presently want to see in 2009 are P!nk and Fleetwood Mac.

Haha...feel free to make fun. :P

No comments: